Saturday, February 16, 2008

Totes....





I've been playing in the sewing room, experimenting with various tutorials on making tote bags. I practiced with the fabrics I had on hand and I came up with these. The black & white one is made of 1970's twill from my MIL's stash. I made it according to the tutorial here. The other totes were enlarged versions of the same tutorial.





The lime bag above was made using a kitchen towel for the outside of the bag with coordinating lining from MIL's stash.



Another tote made with a peach kitchen towel and daisy searsucker lining. All have inner pockets and are reversible. This was fun! DD took the lime bag, but I wonder if she'll want to trade it in for the peach one when she sees it?



Practice makes........ better!

10 comments:

  1. Jody,

    These look like you had fun making them! How cute they turned out and that you used what you had on hand----so thrifty with that cool 'vintage' look! Very nice.

    SC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, another cute one. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of your new bags are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the idea of using kitchen towels. The totes turned out great!

    Thanks for the linky love. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jody, they all look great! We must have been on the same 'wavelength' making the totes with the kitchen towels :)

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the red inside of the white and black one :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are to cute. What a good job you are doing, keep practicing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you've made some beautiful bags there, love the co-ordinating lining fabric :) Teddy Beary Hugs Catherine x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Where can I find the lemon, lime, apple and peach dish towels?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Where to find the dish towels? Well, it was some time ago, but I'm guessing either Target, Walmart, Kmart. I don't shop many places. You should be able to find something just as wonderful out there.

    Jody

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks for stopping in. Sorry, but due to spam, only registered users can comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...