Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Canning peaches...



It's that time of year again when the Colorado Peaches show up in big trucks.  OnlyDaughter, JLynn, and I bought a case each of beautiful peaches.  We eat as many fresh as possible, make pie, and the rest we can for the winter months.  Today was the day that we decided the peaches were soft enough to process and preserve.  The girls came to my house for the canning bee.  We got all our stuff organized:  Ball Blue Book (1987 version), clean jars, rings, lids, hot water, wash tubs, sugar, pots and pressure canner, magnetic lid grabber, jar funnel, chopstick (for removing air bubbles) and knives. Between the three of us ladies along with eight children scampering here and there, we got the job accomplished.  Three cases of peaches and 26 quart jars later, we were done!  With time to go outside and play!


To quote my dear mother-in-law, 
"Many hands make light work,"  

And a good day was had by all.

Amen.

6 comments:

  1. Many hands is the only way to can, I think! I can well imagine the intoxicating aromas coming out of your kitchen...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Yummy! I have a few jars of pickles to make!
    Way to go, good leader!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are the recipients of canned peaches from our new daughter in law and other canned yumminess. I do return the jars when we are done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it. The world needs more canning bees.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've not had a good peach all summer! Too much rain here, I think. Yours are beautiful!

    xofrances

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is just perfect!! I used to can peaches like that with my Mom too. They are so nice in the winter. They look beautiful. That is my favorite canning book. The 1987 edition. Mine is so tattered now.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks for stopping in. Sorry, but due to spam, only registered users can comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...