Sunday, August 02, 2015

For the benefit...


Today there's a benefit-auction and supper planned for our postmistress who has been receiving cancer treatment this past month.  Our community is small, but it is broad, encompassing about a 50 mile radius, and the folks that live here have big hearts as wide-open as the prairie we live on.  The community of folks and the nearby small towns where we buy our feed and groceries, tires and boots  are all supporting the effort too.  It'll be a big gathering at our community hall with all the ladies bringing their best pot luck dishes and most will bring an item or two to donate to the silent auction and the live auction.  There will be handshakes and hugs, talk of making hay and grazing livestock, while we eat lots of good homemade food and spread lots of good will.  My little contribution will be a set of embroidered tea towels, just perfect for the cowgirl or ranchwife, or for anyone who has a little inner-cowgirl spirit. 

I found these vintage cowgirls on Pinterest and then traced them with my Sulky iron-on transfer pen.  Now I'm getting lots of ideas about embroidering pictures or photos in black and white, and I'm also thinking about tinting some.  For now, these black & white, retro ranch-hands are sporting red lipstick to give them a little spunk. 

Prayers and thoughts for Rita today and in the days to come.

"God is our refuge and strength, A very present help in trouble." ~Psalm 46:1

6 comments:

  1. I hope that benefit raised a good amount of support for Rita, and that there was a proper bidding war for your beautiful tea towels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you live in Heaven Jody! I hope the benefit was successful and that Rita will know how much she's loved!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful community! Hope the auction raises a good amount!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How very sweet! I do love your tea towels! They look so nice. You really did a nice job.
    I hope Rita gets better.
    What a nice place to live.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello dear Jody! Wow! Beautiful! You are so good, so true and nice. I hope the benefit went well.
    Thank you for the info about the pumpkin blossoms. I would hate to get my hopes up for a plentitude of pumpkins and then think I did something wrong!
    I hope you have a fun day of summer sunshine and good coffee later. Sending heaps of love your way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look great, Jody!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks for stopping in. Sorry, but due to spam, only registered users can comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...